Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2010

But for me, I'm...

salamun 'alayk..


Welcome 2010, welcome 2oth year of me living on His earth. Praise be to Allah for His blessing to give me chances to correct things and upload my deeds.

Basically, I USED TO be impatient when it came to every new year. You know why? Because I USED TO love birthday party/surprise/presents/wishes..etc. SO MUCH!!

But just cut it off this year. The feeling ain't the same anymore.

Some people (usually the women), make their age so confidential and sometimes they are so sensitive if there is anyone asks about their actual age. (oh, this is really so-not-me,because if I am, the 1st paragraph is not what it is now...peace!)
And if asked to the other type of people, they would just answer the truth for some reason "I'm 36 now. And what's wrong with that? It's just a number."

What ever it is, people have their own personal thought on their age. And I believe it's different from each other.

But for me, I'm quite sad. Here are the causes :

#1 I'm getting older, but not maturer.

#2 I'm getting older, but still envying Siti Aisya bint Abu Bakar.

#3 I'm getting older, but I don't think my ibadah is equivalent to this 20 years of inhaling the free-of-charge-oxygen.

#4 I'm getting older, and there's no more the number 1 in front of my 2nd number of my age. There will always be suffix '-ty' in mentioning my age, e.g. twenTY one, thirTY, forTY two, until the rest of my life. Is it understood? I don't mind if you're don't. (my bad,because my English is not that good). I don't really like the age statement :(

#5 I'm getting older, and here comes the idea of getting married.

It's a pleasure for me to tell you a story that just happened a few hours ago.

I was having dinner with my ahli beit. There was only three of us; the elder sisters. Because the kids were having halaqah in another sisters' house. (We are growing sisters in islam, alhamdulillah). One of my sister here (Sis K) had just been celebrated for her 20th birthday on 21st January. Sanah helwah ya jameelah! While the other sister (Sis N) is going to be 21 somewhere around August (sorry sis i don't remember..hee~). While eating the superb rice with fish curry, suddenly Sis K asked Sis N :

"Sis N, as a person who had already in 20th-era, is it normal for us to start thinking of
marriage?"

I was like..speechless..

(oh there are lots of stories I wish to tell you!)


But my watch is jealous of me as it kept tick-tocking. It's 2.05 a.m. in the morning. I need to sleep. Get some rest. I have class tomorrow.

InsyaAllah I'll tell you the rest of the entry.


......To be continued.....


No comments:

Post a Comment