Search This Blog

Monday 30 August 2010

i see you

salamu alayk..


I SEE YOU. Its not the dialogue in the Avatar movie. This time its real.


One day, a young lady F said to Sis K (her sister, in islam. )


Lady F: i'm afraid to come back to Malaysia this year.

Sis K: and may i know why?

Lady F: because..coming back to Malaysia; its like diving back into a damned dirty, smelly river.

Sis K: I dont quite understand what are you talkin about.

Lady F: U see, I was from that aweful, ugly, dark, full of shits n rubbishes river and it has a strong flow that could whack u away. Then i came here (to Egypt). Its like climbing up to the side of the river and I'm safe now. I could smell the fresh air that I never smelled before. My clothes are clean and tidy. My eyes are clear. And I could see the water I came from; how bad it was. For a while, I was in the comfort zone. But, after a deep thought last night, I think I can't return to that place. It's too horrible. It could drown me away for the second time!

Sis K: I got the point. Normally we wont return to a bad situation after we found a better place.

Lady F: Exactly!

Sis K: Well dear..in Egypt (or anywhere around the globe), we get the theories. But in Malaysia (or any place u came from), it's the practical we're talking about. So, if it is not u, then who will be cleaning up the mess? We can't call the African to do it; they have their own country to take care of. Yes you have to dive back into the river dear. Don't be scared. INNALLAHA MA'ANA..

Lady F: @_@''..insya Allah..



So here it goes. When i came back home, I see the thing she's fearing about. I see the people around me. The unmarried couples embracing each other. I see the ummah right in front of me. The people whose written in his/her identity card islam as his/her religion but they dont even pray and they always make their owm fatwa(s). Yes, this river is really contaminated! I had a culture shock right in my own ISLAMIC country.

Allah..Allah..Allah Almighty..please give me strength and inspiration on how to deal with this chronic and critical ummah of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.. Please give me the chance to be one of your helpers..Allah You Are The Most Gracious amd Most Merciful. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment